(FOX NEWS) — As communities are easing up on lockdown restrictions, the question has become which businesses should open first?
A Massachusetts Institute of Technology led study did a cost-benefit analysis of 26 different location types.
They found grocery stores and universities are among the locations that should reopen earlier while cafes and gyms should remain closed longer.
To make their determinations, researchers looked at factors such as the amount of time people spend in a given location, number of visitors, and the age of patrons.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo Woman enjoys 100th birthday
- Amarillo Police needs help locating a missing juvenile
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Mickey: Keys to Victory on Sunday
- How to watch Amarillo Tascosa vs Abilene Eagles