The IRS announced Wednesday that it has disbursed approximately 164 million payments to eligible Americans. The government agency began processing the eighth batch of payments on Friday. However, the batch had an official payment date of May 5.
According to the IRS, this batch of stimulus payments is valued at more than $2 billion. The payments were sent to eligible individuals who did not previously receive a stimulus check.
This round of relief also includes ongoing plus-up payments for people who earlier this year received payments based on their 2019 tax returns but are eligible for a new or larger payment based on their recently processed 2020 tax returns.
The IRS will continue to issue stimulus payments on a weekly basis. Ongoing payments will be sent to eligible individuals for whom the IRS previously did not have information to issue a payment but who recently filed a tax return, as well as to people who qualify for “plus-up” payments.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer