AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A staff member at South Lawn Elementary has tested positive for COVID-19, that according to a letter sent to parents today.
They are working with the health department to reach out to anyone who may have been in close contact with them.
The letter also says that they are confident the risk of exposure to other students and staff is low.
The identified, affected areas of campus have been cleaned and disinfected.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo Medical Services hangar damage
- Study finds coronaviruses ‘inactivated’ by mouthwash, but what does that really mean?
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta moves northeast after battering Gulf Coast
- New twist in case of mother’s mysterious death on ‘Dateline’
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting