(FOX NEWS) — Social distancing and travel restrictions resulted in a dramatic pull-back in spending last month.
Retail sales declined 8.7-percent, even more than forecast.
The coronavirus pandemic prompted widespread business closures.
Sales of cars and clothing and restaurant business all plunged.
The decline is the largest since the government started tracking retail sales in 1992.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Where are you in the vaccine line? This tool has an estimate
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Xcel Energy grant supports Black Historical Cultural Center
- Two arrested in Amarillo drug bust
- Newsfeed Now: Breaking down the $908 billion COVID-19 relief bill, Hand-“Santa-tizer,” “Grinch-bots,” and more…