(FOX NEWS) — The coronavirus has lead people to wash their hands frequently but all that constant washing can lead to dry hands.
Doctors at the Cleveland Clinic recommend washing with cool water instead of hot to protect your hands.
That’s because hot water can wash away healthy oils from your skin.
Using a good-quality soap and moisturizing right after washing can also help prevent hands from drying up or getting sore.
Wearing gloves with doing household chores can help protect your hands.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- FAVs Bringing Salads & Healthy Shots into the Kitchen
- Tigerlily CEO on Breast Cancer Battle; Why She Founded Organization
- Family Support Services Discusses Ways to Cope During Covid-19
- Science Behind Chicken Soup