WASHINGTON (KETK) – President Trump took to Twitter to praise Gov. Abbott Tuesday morning for his gradual plan to re-open Texas.
On Monday, Gov. Abbott announced the first phase of his plan to slowly re-open businesses and that his statewide stay-at-home order would be expiring Thursday night at 11:59 p.m.
The first phase of Gov. Abbott’s plan involves opening restaurants, retail stores, museums, and libraries on Friday, May 1. They are only allowed to fill up to 25% full capacity.
Abbott said that if there are no significant flare-ups in coronavirus cases across the state, he will raise the capacity limit to 50% on May 18.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The Locker Room: Games, scores for Sept. 25, 2020
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- Sen. Cornyn supports bill for highway that would go from Mexico to Canada
- Doctors travel across the country to provide dental care for kids in need
- Drive-By Desserts: Kind House Ukraine Bakery Offering Sweet Treats