WASHINGTON (KETK) – President Trump took to Twitter to praise Gov. Abbott Tuesday morning for his gradual plan to re-open Texas.
On Monday, Gov. Abbott announced the first phase of his plan to slowly re-open businesses and that his statewide stay-at-home order would be expiring Thursday night at 11:59 p.m.
The first phase of Gov. Abbott’s plan involves opening restaurants, retail stores, museums, and libraries on Friday, May 1. They are only allowed to fill up to 25% full capacity.
Abbott said that if there are no significant flare-ups in coronavirus cases across the state, he will raise the capacity limit to 50% on May 18.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘Texas Rally for Life’ abortion protest to be held at state capitol in Austin on Saturday
- City of Amarillo vaccine walk-in clinic announces new schedule
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Did the Facebook app force log you out, too?
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects