(FOX NEWS) — A new poll shows a significant disinterest in getting a coronavirus vaccine if President Donald Trump is recommending it.
A Reuters/IPSOS poll, surveying over 4,400 Americans, from May 13th through May 19th finding about 36 percent say they would be “less willing” to take a coronavirus vaccine that President Trump says is safe.
The results compare to 14 percent, who say they would be “more interested” based on the President’s advice.
The poll also showing a quarter of Americans have “little to no interest” in taking a coronavirus vaccine and are skeptical about vaccine safety based on how fast the vaccine is developed amid the coronavirus outbreak.
President Trump has pledged a vaccine before the end of the year.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Virgin Orbit fails on first rocket launch attempt
- ‘My Teacher Misses Me’ local educator safely delivers yard signs to students
- Texas Panhandle War Memorial continues to honor veterans
- Federal benefits for veterans, family members, and widows
- Local assisted living facility using contact tracing band to decrease spread of COVID-19