(NBC NEWS) — A new survey finds that people with certain character traits are more prone to stockpiling behavior.
Researchers in Germany surveyed a small group of adults using social media.
They found people who tend to worry a lot and feel anxious were more commonly found to stockpile commodities such as toilet paper.
Those individuals also carry character traits such as organization, diligence, perfectionism, and prudence.
In March, some companies reported an increase in toilet paper sales of up to 700-percent.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Missed kicks, penalties cost Cowboys
- Police: fight over parking spaces leads to 1 dead, 2 injured in NE Birmingham
- Photos: Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support
- Hundreds of cars, motorcycles driving around I-469 in ‘Circle the Fort’ Trump Rally
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017