(FOX NEWS) — New studies suggest lasting immunity to coronavirus may be possible in people with mild infections.
The studies, which have yet to be peer-reviewed, say antibodies and immune cells capable of recognizing the virus were present months after infections concluded.
Researchers say they aren’t sure yet how long the immune response to the virus lasts.
However, they are encouraged the body may be able to fend off coronavirus effectively if it’s re-exposed to it.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: Thompson Park Pool Groundbreaking Ceremony
- With little movement on new stimulus checks in US, here’s what other countries have done
- Deaf Smith County Sheriff’s Office experiencing deputy shortage
- VIDEO: Woman refuses to wear mask inside Taos store, argues with police
- More products added to FDA hand sanitizer recall list