This, as more medical clinics and labs, come out with virus tests.
An immunity card, passport, app or another form of ID would be used to identify people who have been tested as either covid-19 positive or negative.
The card would determine who is allowed to re-enter the public in an effort to gradually open up the country after nationwide lockdowns put in place to contain the virus.
Some US cities have been in lockdown mode for several weeks.
About a half-million COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the US but experts say that the number of confirmed cases would likely be higher if the country had access to more tests, which are in short supply.
The use of immunity cards to keep track of those who have tested positive for the virus has been suggested by some health experts.
Critics have pointed to several problems including how to determine immunity.
The logistical issues of delivering cards to everyone in the United States and the potential for fraud.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo High, Clarendon, Texline Advance to Regional Finals
- Historic Conneaut Lake Park will soon be owned by a new private company
- Canyon, Panhandle, Nazareth advance to State Semifinals
- Rep. Ronny Jackson responds to Department of Defense inspection report anticipated to be released Wednesday
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal School students celebrate Texas Independence Day