(NBC News) The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has given emergency authorization to a new test kit for COVID-19 that allows you to collect a sample from the comfort and safety of your own home.
COVID-19 tests are considered key to reopening the economy, but only a fraction of the country’s population has gotten one.
The newly approved “Pixel” test kit made by Labcorp will first be made available to health care workers, then the general public in coming weeks.
The approval comes as officials work to ramp up testing across the country.
Some experts suggest the U.S. would have to do a million tests a day to safely reopen the country. That’s roughly the number currently done each week.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/34YbDPg
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Ohio police suspend officer caught on video dragging teen
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Breast oncologist breaks down myths, prevention and tell-tale signs
- Shelters prepare for inclement weather
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?