(NBC News) As dozens of states relax social distancing guidelines and allow businesses to reopen, health experts are warning a second wave of COVID-19 infections could be on the horizon.
32 states have begun lifting restrictions.
The weekend saw crowds flock to beaches, parks and shopping malls.
“It’s going to take about two weeks, two to three weeks for us to begin to see trends that come out of the changes in social distancing,” says Dr. Tom Inglesby of the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2xBjN3M
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Georgia certifies runoff results, cementing Democratic wins for 2 US Senate seats
- Texas lawmaker files bill to ban the display of firearms at public demonstrations
- Texas man who stormed the Capitol threatened to shoot children for being ‘traitors’ and turning him in
- Infant found with mother’s body in parked vehicle in Missouri
- Rhode Island woman donates $1.7 million house to community center