The case is detailed in a letter published in the Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine.
This is believed to be the first case of the virus that may have passed from the dead to living.
There have been more than 2,000 cases of the virus reported in Thailand and at least 40 deaths.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- 15-year-old girl who beat cancer last summer dies of COVID-19
- COVID recommendations may limit Christmas celebrations in Bethlehem
- White House Christmas Tree arrival, presidential turkeys kick off holiday traditions in DC
- Missouri health official steps down after her family threatened over coronavirus measures
- California native is 1st Black astronaut to join extended mission on space station