(FOX NEWS) — Coronavirus cases are increasing among children according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Recent data shows children make up about 7 percent of all coronavirus infections in the US, while making up nearly 22 percent of the country’s population.
The CDC says infections among children between zero and 17 years old have been steadily increasing from march to July although the true number of cases among children is unknown due to a lack of widespread testing.
The health agency says community mitigation measures and school closures may have helped reduce infections among children in the spring and early summer.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Watch: All 12 Playbook: Three ranked teams to face conference opponents this weekend
- APH: 65 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, 72 recoveries in the Amarillo area
- Maker Metropolis at Don Harrington Discovery Center
- WT Research Grants Proposals due Oct. 13
- One man dead after crash in Moore County