AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo Public Health Department is now reporting the first death in the Amarillo-area attributed to COVID-19.
Officials with Amarillo Public Health Department say the person that died is outside their jurisdiction and requests for additional information should be directed to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Texas Department of State Health Services confirmed to MyHighPlains.com today the person was an Oldham County woman in her 30s with underlying health conditions.
In total, there have been eight confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the High Plains.
|County||Number of Confirmed Cases||Number of Fatalities|
|Cannon Air Force Base Area||1||0|
|Deaf Smith County||2||0|
The City of Amarillo and the surrounding areas remain in COVID-19 level Orange. This means there are limited confirmed cases of Coronavirus in our area.
The Amarillo-area Coronavirus Status Alert Level remains at Level Orange.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- GOP senators continue meetings with SCOTUS nominee as Democrats boycott
- Buffalo Stadium named top DII stadium by D2Football.com
- Miracle Week: Meet the Funderburk Family
- Market 33 Hosting Oktoberfest Celebration
- Thousands of airline workers face furloughs, lay offs after Congress misses deadline to provide aid