AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo Public Health Department is now reporting the first death in the Amarillo-area attributed to COVID-19.
Officials with Amarillo Public Health Department say the person that died is outside their jurisdiction and requests for additional information should be directed to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Texas Department of State Health Services confirmed to MyHighPlains.com today the person was an Oldham County woman in her 30s with underlying health conditions.
In total, there have been eight confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the High Plains.
|County||Number of Confirmed Cases||Number of Fatalities|
|Cannon Air Force Base Area||1||0|
|Deaf Smith County||2||0|
The City of Amarillo and the surrounding areas remain in COVID-19 level Orange. This means there are limited confirmed cases of Coronavirus in our area.
The Amarillo-area Coronavirus Status Alert Level remains at Level Orange.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Goya Foods faces swift backlash after CEO praises Trump at White House
- Video shows Colorado officer pointing gun at doctor’s head on his own property
- Video captures man breaking into Denver garage, home while family sleeps
- Gov. Polis to Colorado: ‘Wear a damn mask’
- Bear attacks person inside Colorado home