CANNON AIR FORCE BASE (KAMR/KCIT) — Cannon Air Force Base announced Monday night on their Facebook page that they have confirmed a case of the coronavirus in the immediate area around the base.
In the online video, wing commander, Col. Robert Masaitis said there are no cases that have been reported on the base or with any of their active duty personal or dependents.
The base has 125 active duty members who are in self-isolation due to travel through areas of concern.
Cannon says they will be increasing their Health Condition Protection Posture (HPCON) rating to Charlie by 7:30 am MT, March 24, 2020.
They will also be declaring a public health emergency on the base. This will allow them to better restrict personnel to prevent farther spreading of the virus.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo Medical Services hangar damage
- Study finds coronaviruses ‘inactivated’ by mouthwash, but what does that really mean?
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta moves northeast after battering Gulf Coast
- New twist in case of mother’s mysterious death on ‘Dateline’
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting