(KSHB/NBC News) A Kansas City, Missouri, man is doing his own research after coming across false information on social media regarding masks being worn to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Steve Siegel is a researcher and engineer for the University of Missouri—Kansas City.
“I am just so tired of all the false information and arguments and everything else online,” Siegel says.
In his free time, Siegel conducted a number of studies to show that wearing a mask does not impact breathing.
Without a mask, Siegel’s blood oxygen level was a 95. After working out in the heat with his mask on, Siegel tested his blood oxygen level again with a pulse oximeter, and his levels only dropped to a 94.
“Below 90 is when they start questioning the efficiency of your lungs and that maybe there’s an issue,” Siegel says.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2Z80aeC
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- West Texas A&M Football gets their revenge against Angelo State
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- After 7 days above 15% COVID-19 hospital capacity, restaurants and businesses to scale back
- Seasonal Saturday followed by much cooler conditions