TOKYO, Japan (KAMR/KCIT) – Wins, losses, firsts, and upsets have all come in waves through the first week of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Here’s what to watch on July 30:
- Women’s Qualification and Final (Trampoline)
- Women’s Prelim Group B: USA vs Japan (Basketball)
- Women’s 3m Springboard – Prelim (Diving)
- Mixed Doubles Semifinal (Court 1) (Tennis)
- Men’s Singles Semifinal 1 (Tennis)
- Women’s Prelim, Game 14: United States vs ROC (Water Polo)
- Women’s Quarterfinals (Rugby)
- Men’s Singles Semifinal 2 (Tennis)
- Mixed Doubles Semifinal 2 (Court 1) (Tennis)
- Day 7, Heats: Women’s 50m freestyle & more (Caeleb Dressel, Simone Manuel) (Swimming)
- M 10,000m; Mixed 4x400m, W 5000m; & more (Track & Field)
- Opening Round, Game 4: United States vs. Israel (Baseball)
- Session 3: Women’s Triple Jump Qualifying A & B (Track & Field)
- Session 3: Women’s Shot Put Qualifying A & B (Track & Field)
- Women’s Quarterfinal – Netherlands vs United States (Soccer)
- Men’s Doubles Gold Medal Match (Tennis)
- Men’s Doubles Bronze Medal Match (Tennis)
- Men Prelim: QAT (Cherif/Ahmed) vs USA (Jake Gibb/Tri Bourne) (Beach Volleyball)
- Women Prelim: BRA (Ana Patricia/Rebecca) vs USA (Kelly Claes/Sarah Sponcil) (Beach Volleyball)
- S4 | Rnd 1s: W 400m Hurdles, W 100m Hurdles, M 800m; & more (Dalilah Muhammad, Sydney McLaughlin) (Track & Field)
- Men’s Golf Round 3, Part 1 (Golf)
- Day 8, Finals: Women’s 800m freestyle & more (Caeleb Dressel, Katie Ledecky, Simone Manuel, Annie Lazor, Lilly King) (Swimming)
- Men’s Qualification and Final (Trampoline)
- Women’s Doubles Bronze Medal Match (Tennis)
- Mixed Doubles Bronze Medal Match (Tennis)
- Opening Round, Game 6: South Korea vs. United States (Baseball)
- Women’s Singles Gold Medal Match (Tennis)
- S5 | Finals: Women’s 100m, Mixed 4×400, Men’s Discus; & more (Trayvon Bromell) (Track & Field)
- Men’s Prelim Group A: USA vs Czech Republic (Basketball)
After a close first quarter, the U.S. women’s basketball team surged past Japan to earn another big victory in the group stage at the Tokyo Olympics.
Americans Lilly King and Annie Lazor both took home medals in the women’s 200m breaststroke, though neither could catch South Africa’s Tatjana Schoenmaker, who set the first swimming individual world record in Tokyo.
Lynn Williams gives her team 2-1 lead over the Netherlands in women’s soccer.
The United States qualified second to the final of the women’s 4x100m medley relay, finishing behind Canada in their preliminary heat.
Americans Elija Godwin and Lynna Irby pass the baton outside the exchange zone, disqualifying the Team USA and its first-round win in the mixed 4x400m relay prelims; the Dominican Republic also DQs on a zone order rule.
In this episode of ‘Freestyle with Gus Kenworthy,’ Gus gets a boat tour of Tokyo and speaks with Selema Masekela about inclusiveness at the Olympics.
Olympic swimmer Simone Manuel shares the two mantras she says before every race, and how it feels to inspire so many girls.
In Tokyo, a family member by an athlete’s side is rare. But a few lucky Olympians do have a loved one with them. Anne Thompson looks at the advantages and challenges of having a spouse or parent as an Olympic coach.
Many members of the U.S. Olympic fencing team in Tokyo share a special connection – a third of the team have the same alma mater, the University of Notre Dame. Corey Robinson speaks with the Fighting Irish in Tokyo.
For the second time, the Olympics has a team of refugees. These athletes have faced challenges most of us cannot imagine. Sam Brock speaks with members of the team bringing hope to millions.
Relive the thrilling performances of the first week of the Tokyo Olympics.
This story is still developing. Follow MyHighPlains.com for further updates.