TOKYO, Japan (KAMR/KCIT) – Another day has come for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. After a number of monumental upsets yesterday, including Simone Biles’ withdrawal, the fifth day of the event began with a water-bound victory and a triumphant moment for the U.S. basketball team.
Katie Ledecky captured her first gold medal of the Tokyo Olympics and the first ever won by a female swimmer in the 1500m freestyle. Teammate Erica Sullivan closed late to win silver, to Ledecky’s elation.
In an incredibly tight race, Japan’s Yui Ohashi scraped past Team USA swimmers Alex Walsh and Kate Douglass for Tokyo Olympic gold in the women’s 200m individual medley.
Damian Lillard was a menace beyond the arc against Iran, racking up 21 points to help Team USA earn its first win of the Tokyo Olympics.
- Men’s Prelim Group A: USA vs Iran (Basketball)
- Women’s Prelim, Game 9: Hungary vs United States (Water Polo)
- Men’s Synchro 3m Springboard – Final (Diving)
- Day 5, Heats: Men’s 200m IM & more (Lilly King, Annie Lazor, Ryan Murphy, Michael Andrew, Chase Kalisz) (Swimming)
- Men’s Individual All-Around: Main Coverage (Sam Mikulak, Brody Malone) (Gymnastics)
- Men’s Individual All-Around: Team USA Tracker (Gymnastics)
- Men/Women Bronze & Gold Medal Games (Basketball)
- Men’s Golf Round 1, Part 1 (Golf)
- Women Prelim: USA (Kelly Claes/Sarah Sponcil) vs KEN (Makokha/Khadambi) (Beach Volleyball)
- Day 6, Finals: Men’s 100m freestyle & more (Ryan Murphy, Regan Smith, Caeleb Dressel, Lilly King, Chase Kalisz) (Swimming)
- Men Prelim: USA (Nick Lucena/Phil Dalhausser) vs ARG (Azaad/Capogrosso) (Beach Volleyball)
U.S. gymnastics veteran Sam Mikulak stuck the landing on his vault attempt in the Olympic individual all-around final, earning a 14.533, besting his 14.133 qualification performance.
In this episode of ‘Freestyle with Gus Kenworthy,’ the Olympic freestyle skier cheers on the divers at the men’s synchronized 10m platform final, then speaks with the gold medalists, Tom Daley and Matty Lee.
Seven points from Stefanie Dolson and strong defense helped the U.S. women take down ROC in the first-ever Olympic women’s 3×3 basketball gold medal game.
Japan is cat crazy. Athletes may want to follow a beckoning cat to bring them success. Natalie Morales looks at feline folklore and visits the temple where cats could make your wishes come true.
Skateboarding is having a golden moment in Japan, going from the street to the Olympic stage. Naoko Funayama shares how the sport is inspiring athletes and artists worldwide.
As fate would have it Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird met at an Olympic shoot and the two dominant athletes fell in love. The dynamic duo haven’t looked back since meeting and look to reach new heights together.
Relive the thrilling performances of Olympic Day 4.
- Men’s Prelim, Game 15: United States vs Italy (Water Polo)
- Women’s and Men’s Trap Finals (Shooting)
- Men’s Singles Quarterfinals: Djokovic (SRB) vs Nishikori (JPN) (Tennis)
- Day 6, Heats: Women’s 800m freestyle & more (Katie Ledecky, Caeleb Dressel) (Swimming)
- Women’s Individual All-Around: Main Coverage (Suni Lee, Jade Carey) (Gymnastics)
- Mixed Doubles Quarterfinals: Siegemund/Krawietz (GER) vs Stojanovic/Djokovic (SRB) (Tennis)
- Women’s Pool B: United States vs. Turkey (Volleyball)