TOKYO, Japan (KAMR/KCIT) – Day three of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics has brought multiple wins for the United States, with victories in both softball and swimming.
The United States secured a victory over Japan in the final opening round game to gather momentum ahead of a gold medal rematch.
The United States claimed the first men’s relay medal of the Tokyo Olympic Games as Caeleb Dressel teamed up with Blake Pieroni, Bowe Becker and Zach Apple to blow past the field.
Meanwhile, Australia’s Ariarne Titmus ran down Katie Ledecky in the 400-meter freestyle, handing Ledecky her first-ever Olympic silver in an individual event. Titmus went 3:56.69 and Ledecky touched in at 3:37.36.
Gus Kenworthy invited a few of his Olympian friends, including Tara Lipinski and Adam Rippon, to watch the Opening Ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics and share their own Opening Ceremony memories.
Here are other events set to happen today, available to watch live:
- Day 3: Center Court: Match 2 (Tennis)
- Men’s Team QF/SF/F (Archery)
- Women’s Prelim, Game 5: United States vs China (Water Polo)
- Day 3: Center Court: Match 3 (Tennis)
- Men’s Synchro 10m Platform – Final (Diving)
- Men’s Mountain Bike (Cycling)
- Men’s Pool Round – Session 2 (Rugby)
- Day 3: Center Court: Match 4 (Tennis)
- Day 3, Heats: Women’s 200m freestyle & more (Swimming)
- Men’s Team Final: Main Coverage (Gymnastics)
- Women’s Triathlon
- Men’s & Women’s Quarterfinals (Surfing)
- Women Prelim: USA (April Ross/Alix Klineman) vs ESP (Liliana/Elsa) (Beach Volleyball)
- Day 4, Finals: Women’s 100m backstroke & more (Katie Ledecky, Lilly King, Ryan Murphy, & Regan Smith) (Swimming)
- Women’s Pool B: China vs. United States (Volleyball)
- Men’s & Women’s Semifinals (Surfing)
- Men Prelim: BRA (Alison/Alvaro Filho) vs USA (Nick Lucena/ Phil Dalhausser) (Beach Volleyball)
Team USA veteran Sam Mikulak scored a 15.000 on the parallel bars in the men’s Olympic gymnastics team final. He scored a 15.466 during qualifications and will compete in the event final later this week.
Vincent Hancock and Amber English join TODAY to talk about their gold medal performances in skeet shooting at the Tokyo Olympics.
Suni Lee’s biggest fan has always been her dad–and at a crucial competition in 2019, she won a silver medal while her dad was heading for surgery after an injury. How did she do it? “Strong will,” according to John.
Team USA Basketball player A’Ja Wilson shares the connection she has with the team’s beloved Coach, Dawn Staley. How Staley became a mother figure and how she inspires success with swagger.
Olympic swimmer Caeleb Dressel describes how his love of drumming helps him find the right pace in practice, races and life.
What will the future bring for competitive e-sports, which bring in more than a billion dollars a year? Corey Robinson looks at the possibility of e-sports being included in future Olympics.