TOKYO, Japan (KAMR/KCIT) – The ongoing saga of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics has continued with an enthralling mixture of tragedy and triumph. Here’s what to watch going into Wednesday, along with a few of our favorite highlights.
American Sydney McLaughlin obliterated her own 400m hurdles world record from U.S. Trials by nearly a half-second in 51.46, unseating defending Olympic champion teammate Dalilah Muhammad for gold at the Tokyo Olympics.
Jamaica’s Stephenie Ann McPherson ran a personal-best 49.34 to win the third semi of the women’s 400m, finishing as the round’s top qualifier into the final; Allyson Felix took second in a season-best 49.89, advancing.
Japan’s Sakura Yosozumi took gold and Cocona Hiraki, 12, took silver in the first women’s Olympic park skateboarding final. Sky Brown, 13, took bronze.
Livestreams to watch today:
- Women’s Golf Round 2, Part 1 (Golf)
- S14 | Finals: M Shot Put, M Triple Jump, M 110mH; & more (Track & Field)
- Men’s Park Skateboarding: Qualification & Final (Skateboarding)
- NBC Primetime (Aug 4)
- Women’s Semifinal Match 1: SUI (Verge-Depre, A./Heidrich) vs USA (April/Alix) (Beach Volleyball)
- Session 14: Women’s High Jump Qualifying A & B (Track & Field)
- Session 14: Heptathlon Long Jump Groups A & B (Track & Field)
- Session 14: Decathlon Discus Groups A & B (Track & Field)
- Women’s 10m Platform – Semifinal (Diving)
- Session 14: Men’s Triple Jump Final (Track & Field)
- Session 14: Men’s Shot Put Final (Track & Field)
- Session 14: Heptathlon Javelin Groups A & B (Track & Field)
- NBC Prime Plus (Aug 4) (General)
- Session 14: Decathlon Pole Vault Groups A & B (Track & Field)
Canada’s Andre de Grasse surged in the last 50 meters to overtake reigning world champion Noah Lyles for gold in the men’s 200m final, earning his fifth Olympic medal and second of the Games after a bronze in the 100m.
Simone Biles opens up about ‘twisties’ timeline
This story is ongoing. Check back with MyHighPlains.com for updates.