TOKYO, Japan (KAMR/KCIT) – The 2020 Tokyo Olympic games continued into Aug. 3, after a day of triumphant returns and shattering losses. Here’s what to watch heading into a new day.
Americans April Ross and Alix Klineman beat Germany in straight sets, 21-19, 21-19. The duo advance to the semifinal match on Thursday morning in Tokyo.
Norway’s Karsten Warholm destroyed his own world record by three-quarters of a second, clocking a jaw-dropping 45.94 to capture Olympic gold, while American Rai Benjamin dipped under the previous all-time best in 46.17.
Teenager Athing Mu won 800m gold at the Tokyo Olympics, breaking Ajee Wilson‘s American record in 1:55.21 to give the U.S. its first Games title in the event in 53 years.
Live streams available today:
- Women’s Golf Round 1, Part 1 (Golf)
- W 400m Hurdles; Semis: M 110m hurdles; Hep, Dec & more (Sydney McLaughlin, Dalilah Muhammad, Grant Holloway) (Track & Field)
- Women’s Park Skateboarding: Qualification & Final (Skateboarding)
- Knockout Stage, Game 6: USA vs. Dominican Republic (Baseball)
- Women’s Quarterfinal 2: Dominican Republic vs United States (Volleyball)
- Women’s Quarterfinal 2: Australia vs United States (Basketball)
- Women’s Combined Qualification (Sport Climbing)
- M 200m, M 800m, W Steeple, M Hammer, W 400m semis & more (Allyson Felix, Emma Coburn, Noah Lyles) (Track & Field)
Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson-Herah won the 200m gold medal, recording the second fastest time ever. She is the first woman in history to have won both the 100m and 200m gold medals in successive Olympic games.
Simone Biles returned for her first competition in over a week at the Tokyo Olympics, taking bronze in the balance beam event final with a score of 14.000. China’s Guan Chenchen and Tang Xijing won gold and silver.