TOKYO, Japan (KAMR/KCIT) – August began with another varied set of wins and losses for the U.S. Olympians. Here’s what to watch on Day 10, and a few of our favorite clips:
American gymnast Jade Carey, competing as an individual specialist in Tokyo, scored a 14.366 to lock up the gold medal on floor in her final event.
Streams available for Aug. 2:
- Women’s Prelim Group B: France vs USA (Basketball)
- Eventing Team and Individual Jumping (Jessica Springsteen) (Equestrian)
- Event Finals: M Rings, W Floor, M Vault (Jade Carey) (Gymnastics)
- Women’s Semifinal – United States vs. Canada (Soccer)
- Knockout Stage, Round 2: United States vs. Japan (Baseball)
- M Steeple, W 5K, W Discus; SFs: W 400m hurdles & more (Sydney McLaughlin, Dalilah Muhammad) (Track & Field)
- M 400m hurdles, W Long Jump; Rnd 1s: M 200m & more (Noah Lyles, Allyson Felix, Rai Benjamin) (Track & Field)
- Women’s Quarterfinal 1: GER (Ludwig/Kozuch) vs USA (April Ross/Alix Klineman) (Beach Volleyball)
- Men’s Quarterfinal 2: Spain vs United States (Basketball)
- Women’s Quarterfinal 1: Canada vs United States (Water Polo)
- Men’s 3m Springboard – Final (Tyler Downs & Andrew Capobianco) (Diving)
- Event Finals: M Parallel Bars, W Balance Beam, M High Bar (Simone Biles, Suni Lee) (Gymnastics)
- M Pole Vault, W Hammer, W 800m, W 200m & more (DeAnna Price, Athing Mu, Gabby Thomas, Noah Lyles) (Track & Field)
- Jumping Individual Qualification (Jessica Springsteen) (Equestrian)
Canada dealt the United States women’s national soccer team a crushing defeat in the semifinal round of the Tokyo Olympics women’s soccer tournament, capitalizing on a controversial 75th minute penalty call.
In torrential conditions, reigning world champion Dalilah Muhammad of the U.S. got the job done and won her semifinal, clocking 53.30 to advance to the final for a chance to defend her Olympic gold from Rio.
American record-holder Valarie Allman unleashed a massive hurl of 68.98m on her first attempt, carrying her through the remaining rounds and a rain delay to win the U.S. its first track and field gold of the Tokyo Games.
After being down 6-3 in the fifth inning, Japan made a powerful comeback to tie the quarterfinals game against team USA. Japan went on to win 7-6 with a walk-off hit.
In this episode of ‘Freestyle with Gus Kenworthy,’ freestyle skier Kenworthy visits the Olympic stadium to watch the U.S. women’s soccer team defeat the Netherlands in a shootout.
It’s no secret that sushi is one of the most popular dishes in the world. But did you know fish isn’t supposed to be the focus? Natalie Morales learns how to prepare and present the perfect dish in sushi school.
The moms of Team USA are building a legacy beyond their athletic accomplishments. Two-time Olympic medalist and mother of two, Jessica Mendoza, shares the stories of the Olympic moms who balance their family and career.
Dalilah Muhammad is expected to race in one of the must-watch moments of the Olympics, the 400m hurdles. But before the Olympics, she was living in Queens, NY, where her supportive community helped lead her to success.
Simone Biles shined the spotlight on mental health at the Olympic Games. But she’s not the only Team USA athlete speaking out about the pressure to perform. Anne Thompson looks at the mental toll athletes experience.
From the vault to the pool, relive the thrilling performances from Days 8 and 9 in Tokyo.
This coverage is ongoing. Check back with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.