(CNN) — Gas prices are ticking up but not enough to cause much pain at the pump.
AAA says the national average for a gallon of regular is $1.96.
That’s about nine cents more than a week ago.
But the association says gas hasn’t been this cheap on a Memorial Day weekend in almost twenty years.
AAA expects the uptick to continue because the demand is likely to grow as the economy reopens.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Etna keeps up its spectacular explosions; ash rains on towns
- 6-year-old battling cancer surprised with birthday parade from first responders
- Cuomo defiant as top New York lawmakers call on him to quit
- WTAMU Forensics Team places second in virtual “Good Life” tournament
- Senate Democrats and Republicans still split day after COVID-19 Relief Deal vote