TAMPA (WFLA) — While fans of the Tampa Bay Rays and Los Angeles Dodgers were cheering on their teams in Game 1 of the World Series, many others were excited over winning free tacos.
All of America won a free taco, thanks to Taco Bell’s “Steal a base, steal a taco” promotion when Dodgers right fielder Mookie Betts swiped second base during the fifth inning.
This isn’t Betts’ first time scoring everyone in America a free taco. He did it in 2018 as a right fielder for the Boston Red Sox — against the Dodgers.
According to the restaurant’s website, if a player steals a base during “any game of the 2020 World Series,” it will offer every person in all 50 states and the District of Columbia a free taco. Customers can get the tacos at participating restaurants or through the Taco Bell app.
You can pick yours up on Oct. 28.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment
- Gov. Cuomo to hold first news conference following harassment allegations
- ‘RU-DY, RU-DY, RU-DY’: Tickets available for livestreamed speech by Rudy Ruettiger
- SpaceX Starship SN10 expected to launch in Boca Chica on Wednesday
- WATCH LIVE: Amarillo City COVID-19 briefing, March 3