TAMPA (WFLA) — While fans of the Tampa Bay Rays and Los Angeles Dodgers were cheering on their teams in Game 1 of the World Series, many others were excited over winning free tacos.
All of America won a free taco, thanks to Taco Bell’s “Steal a base, steal a taco” promotion when Dodgers right fielder Mookie Betts swiped second base during the fifth inning.
This isn’t Betts’ first time scoring everyone in America a free taco. He did it in 2018 as a right fielder for the Boston Red Sox — against the Dodgers.
According to the restaurant’s website, if a player steals a base during “any game of the 2020 World Series,” it will offer every person in all 50 states and the District of Columbia a free taco. Customers can get the tacos at participating restaurants or through the Taco Bell app.
You can pick yours up on Oct. 28.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Are dining tents a safe way to eat out during the pandemic?
- Trevor Noah to host 2021 Grammy Awards
- Sneak peek: NBC’s ‘The National Dog Show’ a Thanksgiving Day tradition
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- Nevada, Pennsylvania certify Biden as winner of presidential vote