(CNN) — Tom Bergeron is stepping away as host of “Dancing with the Stars” after 15 years at the helm.
The longtime host broke the news Monday that he will not be returning to the dancing competition show.
The decision comes as ABC and BBC productions say they are heading in “A new creative direction.”
Co-host Erin Andrews will also not be returning.
Bergeron has been the host of “Dancing with the Stars” since the show began in 2005.
He has won an Emmy for his work.
Andrews has hosted since 2014.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Veteran adjusts to life with PTSD with the help of a well-trained pup
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- Amarillo College to launch new CEO Council and the Adams Earn & Learn Program
- Student Art Exhibition to explore the binary twice over
- Dr. Birx: No pressure on CDC from White House to relax school guidelines