(NBC) Baseball, basketball and hockey remain sidelined because of the coronavirus, but athletic competition is back tonight with the return of “The Titan Games.”
Season one of Dwayne Johnson’s intensely physical competition put every day athletes through the wringer.
“I get great joy in seeing these athletes crush these competitions and also, evilly enough I get great joy in seeing them get crushed as well,” he laughs.
The season ultimately saw one man and one woman overcome their opponents and Mount Olympus to win $100,000.
This year they’re raising the bar with the introduction of “celebrity” Titans.
“We have some of the best athletes in the world coming on to compete against our other competitors,” Johnson explains.
Former NFL star Victor Cruz and two-time Olympic boxing champ Claressa Shields are among those competing.
Shields and the other pros have the chance to win money for charity. If a contestant comes out on top, they get the money.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: Kaboom Town 2020 fireworks from Addison!
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- Police: Girl filmed while being attacked by group on New York school property
- Washington Redskins to conduct ‘thorough review’ of team name
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment