AUSTIN (KXAN) — Drive-thru wine and cheese?
Beginning Wednesday, some Canadian Taco Bell customers will be able to pair a new dark red wine with the restaurant’s Toasted Cheesy Chalupa.
In a release, CNN reports, Taco Bell Canada says that the “rich taste and crunchy texture of the beloved Toasted Cheesy Chalupa complements notes of wild strawberry, cherry, and beetroot in this silky limited-edition red wine.”
Taco Bell says the wine is a collector’s item and will have three different bottle labels. The price is about $19 U.S.
The Ontario-produced noir will not sadly not be available for U.S. customers once the chalupa hits American menus in November. Taco Bell recently announced a mass menu shakeup, dropping some old favorites — like its Mexican Pizza — to make way for new options.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- RIP Mexican Pizza: Popular Taco Bell dish starts disappearing from menus
- 6-year-old boy’s ‘YouCanBeABCs’ rap video inspires kids to dream big
- Ohio woman creates Baby Yoda from 451-pound pumpkin
- AUA Surgical Center closed today