(FOX NEWS) — The crew that lives in a pineapple under the sea could be getting another show.
Nickelodeon and Netflix are teaming up to amp up the streaming wars.
The companies have signed a multi-year deal to create new animated movies and television shows based on classic Nickelodeon characters.
While most of the details are under wraps, the New York Times is reporting a SpongeBob Squarepants spinoff is involved.
The music-based project will focus on the show’s iconic grumpy octopus, Squidward.
The announcement comes just one day after the launch of Disney’s highly anticipated streaming service.
- Study finds coronaviruses ‘inactivated’ by mouthwash, but what does that really mean?
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta moves northeast after battering Gulf Coast
- New twist in case of mother’s mysterious death on ‘Dateline’
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting
- Three charged with trying to smuggle guns to Mexico