(FOX NEWS) — The crew that lives in a pineapple under the sea could be getting another show.
Nickelodeon and Netflix are teaming up to amp up the streaming wars.
The companies have signed a multi-year deal to create new animated movies and television shows based on classic Nickelodeon characters.
While most of the details are under wraps, the New York Times is reporting a SpongeBob Squarepants spinoff is involved.
The music-based project will focus on the show’s iconic grumpy octopus, Squidward.
The announcement comes just one day after the launch of Disney’s highly anticipated streaming service.
- ‘We’re coming for your job’: Black Lives Matter calls out Florida gov. while protesting anti-riot law
- Glady’s Rib Shack joins us on Today in Amarillo
- Bodycam video: Michigan officer punches man during traffic stop over littering
- Long Island acid attack: College student doused in face in ‘heinous’ crime
- President Biden pledges to cut US fossil fuel emissions up to 52% by 2030