SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Nathan Apodaca, the viral Fleetwood Mac “Dreams” skateboarder, is down on his luck after a trip to San Francisco with his family last week.
According to TMZ, Apodaca’s two rental cars were broken into after parking in a garage near Twin Peaks Overlook.
Twin Peaks happens to be a hotspot for robberies. SF District 8 Supervisor Rafael Mandelman tweeted out about a news reporter being robbed at gunpoint while interviewing someone about car break-ins on Wednesday.
According to the report, Apodaca’s family lost “credit cards, checks, sunglasses, reading glasses and some wallets filled with identifying information.”
Estimated loss of damage is around $4,000.
This isn’t the first time Apodaca had bad luck with cars.
His car broke down back in September, but it led him to posting a TikTok that now has over 80 million views.
The video shows him drinking Ocean Spray Cran-Raspberry juice to the tune of Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams.”
According to Billboard, the 1977 No. 1 hit had its biggest streaming week ever, with over 8.47 million streams, thanks to the viral TikTok.
The video also inspired a San Francisco artist to create a mural of Apodaca that can be seen outside the CVS at Haight and Fillmore Streets.
Smash and grab car break-ins continue to be a common issue for many people in San Francisco.
Reportedly, there were 942 vehicle break-ins in February 2021, or roughly 33 per day.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hideki Matsuyama wins the Masters to become first Japanese major champion
- Gov. Ralph Northam orders Virginia State Police to conduct independent investigation regarding Windsor traffic stop incident
- Georgia becomes third state to shut down Johnson & Johnson vaccine site: report
- Amarillo TxDOT “Know Before You Go” April 11-April 17 road closure report
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center hosting virtual cancer screening beginning Monday, April 12