ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A new Netflix series is tackling questions around the 1965 assassination of civil rights icon Malcolm X.
“Who Killed Malcolm X?” dives into questions surrounding his accused killers and allegations of a botched investigation. The series follows an activist-scholar who revisits the assassination through interviews and archives.
He argues that at least two of the men charged with the slaying were innocent and that the real killers got away.
Malcolm X was killed in Manhattan’s Audubon Ballroom by gunmen who opened fire during a speaking engagement in 1965. Friday marked the 55th anniversary of his death.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- Congressman Ronny Jackson holds impromptu town hall meeting in Amarillo
- Almost 100 people attend on-site Wonderland job fair
- Battle Creek woman celebrating 113th birthday
- Couple in NWTH critical care unit celebrate wedding in ceremony