SEATTLE (AP) — MacKenzie Scott, philanthropist, author and former wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, has married a Seattle science teacher.
Dan Jewett wrote in a letter to the website of the nonprofit organization the Giving Pledge on Saturday that he was grateful to be able to marry such a generous person and was ready to help her give away her wealth to help others.
Jewett has been a teacher for decades and most recently taught chemistry at the private Lakeside School, where Scott’s children attended.
Scott donated $5.7 billion in 2020 by asking community leaders to help identify 512 organizations for seven and eight-figure gifts, including food banks, human-service organizations, and racial-justice charities.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Former Chiefs coach Britt Reid charged with DWI in crash that injured 5-year-old girl
- ‘Lost Golden City’ discovered in Egypt
- Hopes for reduced cross-border spread of COVID-19 grow as Juarez begins to vaccinate its seniors
- Third COVID-19 wave in Baja California taking shape
- Multiple people shot, including officer, at Knoxville, TN high school