(NEXSTAR) – Golfer John Daly and musician Kid Rock spaced themselves a couple of seats apart at the final presidential debate between former Vice President Joe Biden and President Donald Trump on Thursday, but masking up appears to have taken a little convincing.
Getty Images photographer Chip Somodevilla captured images of the celebrity Trump supporters browsing their smartphones without masks before the event in Nashville.
According to captions on Somodevilla’s photos, the entertainers – known for partying and bending norms – had to be asked to mask up before the candidates took the stage.
While the masks were finally put on, the social distancing measures didn’t last long, as evidenced by a profanity-laced tweet sent by Daly a short time later.
Both men have appeared with Trump at events in the past.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Potter County Sheriff’s Office to host ‘National Pharmaceutical Take Back Initiative’ Saturday
- DOJ to open Minneapolis police probe, says AP source
- WT students to host Earth Day event for regional schools
- Texas to Utah: animal shelters team up to save 72 orphan kittens
- Texas man wrestled and gripped infant’s head ‘in a football hold’ prior to his death, affidavit says