(CNN) — There are country musicians, and then there’s Dolly Parton.
The popular hits of the lovable living legend will be given new life on Netflix.
Parton’s eight-episode series “Heartstrings” debuts on today.
Parton will play a few roles. She’ll provide voiceovers and introduce the episodes.
The series will tell the stories and inspirations behind some of her songs.
Netflix describes it as “eight stories celebrating family, faith, love, and forgiveness.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Nazareth Swiftettes claim 1A Cross Country title
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Gov. Lujan Grisham: Special session to start Tuesday