(CNN) — Mexico is mourning the loss of a telenovela star.
Actor Raymundo Capetillo has died.
Mexico’s national association of interpreters made the announcement on social media.
Last week, Capetillo’s niece Tanya Roberta told reporters the actor had been hospitalized for COVID-19.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mother of 4 beaten to death while working at Florida motel; husband finds her left for dead
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say
- Interview with AISD School Board Candidate Rev. Bennie Anderson
- Body count from drug cartel wars earns Mexican cities label of ‘most violent in the world’
- Paradise in limbo: Land condemnation for border wall threatens popular South Texas birding preserve