TAMPA (WFLA) – Renowned actor Kirk Douglas and father of Michael Douglas has died. He was 103.
His son Michael took to Instagram to post about his dad’s legacy and celebrating his birthday back in December: “Let me end with the words I told him on his last birthday and which will always remain true. Dad- I love you so much and I am so proud to be your son.”
Douglas’ decorated career spanned decades, but he is remembered for his role in classic movies such as “Spartacus,” “The Bad and the Beautiful,” “In Harm’s Way,” “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” and dozens of others.
He is survived by his wife, Anne Buydens, and sons, Michael, Joel, Peter and Eric.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The KAMR Local 4 Severe Weather Special ‘Threatening Sky’ re-airs tonight
- Sheriff: 3 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Wisconsin tavern
- Police: FedEx shooter legally bought guns used in shooting
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week
- Local restaurants partner up for Special Olympics Nights