(WCNC/NBC News) No one was injured when a tractor-trailer crashed into a North Carolina college residence hall Monday morning.
According to a Gardner Webb University spokesman, a Case Farms tractor-trailer driver got out of his truck to get breakfast at a nearby Hardee’s when the 18-wheeler kept moving.
The tractor-trailer went down a hill and crashed into a dorm room at Spangler Hall.
Barry Lane, the university’s director of environmental and occupational safety, said the incident could’ve been much worse if students were on campus.
“Had this happened under different circumstances, we would’ve had children here, and they occupy this building so we were fortunate,” Lane said.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2B8KwGb
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Candy factory giveaway: Willy Wonka-like ‘golden ticket’ search begins this week
- Villagers re-elect mayor despite his death from COVID-19
- Dentists advise against participating in TikTok teeth filing challenge
- City of Cleveland prepares to host first presidential debate of 2020
- Trump’s massive personal debt a national security concern, ethics experts say