(FOX NEWS) — A rare red rainbow is seen over Finland.
A fisherman captures a red- only rainbow over a lake north of the capital city, Helsinki.
The man said it formed right after it rained but he didn’t realize it was rare noting how clear and creepy it was.
The phenomenon is said to form like a normal rainbow but ends up looking red because shorter wavelength colors like blues and greens get scattered during sunrise or sunset.
The scattered colors result in only reds and yellows being visible giving the fisherman an eerie boat ride home.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Bushland Softball Claims District Title
- Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society transports over 60 rescue animals to neighbor states, adds second van to fleet
- Unknown Comics, local business renowned in the world of comic books opens retail location
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers hosts 14th annual ‘Shred It’ day, aimed at preventing ID theft
- Peloton treadmill could kill small children and pets, consumer agency warns