(CNN) — These satellite images show buildings that either sustained significant damage or were destroyed by the explosion in beirut on tuesday.
Massive grain silos that sit in the middle of the peninsula are still standing.
A large, water-filled crater has replaced the ground where two port buildings stood.
Every building in the area south of the port appears to have sustained significant damage.
Some barely have their framework intact and others have been reduced to rubble.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Narrow escape, lifesaving phone call: Oregon woman recalls fire
- At town hall, Biden blasts Trump’s ‘criminal’ virus response
- More detained migrant women say they didn’t OK surgeries
- Sports photographer’s Big Ten Zoom spoof goes viral
- Soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming at Northland school