MUNICH, Germany (NBC NEWS) — A curious squirrel has made friends with a German family and now gets to enjoy its very own miniature beer garden.
The squirrel is simply “Nuts” about the tiny picnic table made especially for its small paws.
A bored ten-year-old built the table after he found himself with a lot of free time due to the coronavirus pandemic.
And as his region in southern Germany reopened beer gardens this week, the squirrel was able to join in the bavarian tradition.
He and his mother have been leaving food on the table, complete with a tiny beer mug filled with nuts, seeds and raisins.
They named the curious squirrel “Madame.”
She now visits their patio at least once a day.
Madame now has her own Instagram account where several people have already commissioned the ten-year-old to make similar tiny tables for them.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Early voting turnout for May Municipal Elections in Potter County has increased by 72% from 2019 elections
- AFD responds to 2 alarm fire at 10th and Adams area
- Closing arguments heard in Sutherland Springs shooting case alleges US Air Force is partially responsible
- New iPad, iMac expected at Apple online event, with hint at AirPods 3
- Global carbon emissions decreased by 6.4% amid COVID pandemic