NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Florida (WESH) — A shark came a bit too close for comfort for a young surfer in Florida over the weekend.
7-year-old Chandler Moore was surfing with his family at New Smyrna Beach when he was knocked off his surfboard by the shark.
The encounter was captured on the family’s GoPro.
You can see the shark as it jumps out of the water.
Chandler says he thought the shark was a scared fish.
The run-in isn’t going to keep him out of the water.
The second-grader says he wants to surf more now.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- U.S. Census Bureau assists with questionnaire at Amarillo Community Market
- Are those ‘UFOs’ spotted over central Texas? Here’s what Google’s Project Loon has to do with it
- Clear the Shelters: Dove Creek Holding Pen
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- West Texas A&M University graduate student ranked nationally