NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Florida (WESH) — A shark came a bit too close for comfort for a young surfer in Florida over the weekend.
7-year-old Chandler Moore was surfing with his family at New Smyrna Beach when he was knocked off his surfboard by the shark.
The encounter was captured on the family’s GoPro.
You can see the shark as it jumps out of the water.
Chandler says he thought the shark was a scared fish.
The run-in isn’t going to keep him out of the water.
The second-grader says he wants to surf more now.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- 81-year-old ‘Fitness Gran’ takes over TikTok
- ‘I just want to be an average human’: 13-year-old science lover who lost his mom looking for a new family
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- Texas lawmakers grill energy providers, state regulators over deadly winter storm failures