(KNBC) Police in Hawthorne, California have arrested a man suspected of setting a police car on fire in front of the station in an act caught on camera, the department announced Thursday.
Officers realized an unoccupied patrol vehicle parked in front of the police department had been engulfed in flames at about 12:15 a.m. Surveillance footage taken of the incident depicts a man dousing the SUV with an “unknown accelerant” and lighting it on fire.
The suspect, 24-year-old Elmer Maldonado of Hawthorne, was arrested without incident nearby, on the same block as the arson.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2DZwkxp
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers ‘Stolen Auto Day’ – 2019 VW Tiguan
- Democratic voting bill would make biggest changes in decades
- Video shows 14-year-old boy’s terrifying fall off roof while doing construction; contractor cited
- Prince Philip moved to another hospital to be treated for infection
- Split from royal life ‘unbelievably tough’, says Prince Harry