MONTALTO, NEW ZEALAND (NBC NEWS) — A dramatic collapse of a cliff was captured by a local New Zealand resident.
The footage shows the moment part of Klondyke Terrace collapsed into a river Saturday.
It happened after a local state of emergency was declared for the South Canterbury town on New Zealand’s south island following a river flooding after heavy rain.
Local authorities expect further heavy rainfall this weekend and have alerted residents to be ready to evacuate on short notice.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Meet the man in a bear suit walking from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- Florida couple attempts to hold wedding at mansion they did not own
- Louisiana teen saves elderly woman from fire
- Lawmakers propose massive student loan cancellation and free college plan
- How long does protection from COVID-19 vaccines last?