MONTALTO, NEW ZEALAND (NBC NEWS) — A dramatic collapse of a cliff was captured by a local New Zealand resident.
The footage shows the moment part of Klondyke Terrace collapsed into a river Saturday.
It happened after a local state of emergency was declared for the South Canterbury town on New Zealand’s south island following a river flooding after heavy rain.
Local authorities expect further heavy rainfall this weekend and have alerted residents to be ready to evacuate on short notice.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- New California fire scorches wine country near San Francisco
- WT Football prepares for Division I opponent, Stephen F. Austin
- Texas swimmer pushing through challenges; focused on competing in Tokyo Olympics
- Man steals puppy from couple at knifepoint in Arby’s parking lot