MONTALTO, NEW ZEALAND (NBC NEWS) — A dramatic collapse of a cliff was captured by a local New Zealand resident.
The footage shows the moment part of Klondyke Terrace collapsed into a river Saturday.
It happened after a local state of emergency was declared for the South Canterbury town on New Zealand’s south island following a river flooding after heavy rain.
Local authorities expect further heavy rainfall this weekend and have alerted residents to be ready to evacuate on short notice.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Halloween weekend weather outlook
- Texas Online Overtime | Season 2 – Week 10
- San Diego County using Día de los Muertos to honor COVID-19 victims
- Tijuana trick-or-treaters and Halloween party-goers told to stay home
- ‘Reject hate and division,’ Democratic VP nominee tells South Texas border rally