(KARE/NBC News) A Wisconsin family out for an evening of fishing, got caught instead in a Winnie the Pooh moment.
“Winnie’s cousin,” Brian Hurt laughs.
Brian, his wife Tricia and son Brady were coming back to the landing on Marshmiller Lake near Bloomer, Wisconsin just before sunset when they spotted what looked like a log.
Until, upon further inspection, they realized the log was moving.
“We thought it was a black lab in the water and had a jug on its head,” Brian said. “Then as we got closer my wife is like, ‘No, that looks like a bear.’”
Indeed, it was a young bear struggling in the water with a plastic jug stuck on its head. Not a pooh bear, but a pooped bear.
“I don’t think it even knew which direction to go,” Brian said.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2BlLQGc
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- IN FOCUS Discussion: Native American Heritage Month
- San Antonio sets curfew for Thanksgiving holiday, weekend after
- Mexico says ‘The Mute’ gave green light to kill Americans, but victim’s father points to druglord Caro Quintero
- Group to document alleged abuse of migrants by law enforcement
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees