EUNICE, La. (KLFY) A 14-year-old male is being sought in Eunice following a shooting early Sunday on South Second Street where a graduation party was being held, police said.
It happened around 12:30 a.m.
Two victims, both men, were transported to the hospital with gunshot wounds.
A 32-year-old male, shot once in the torso, was pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.
A second victim, a 30-year-old male, was shot 3 times, once in each hand and once in the leg, police said.
Police said the juvenile suspect had been reported as a missing/runaway since March 30 of this year and is known by police to associate with local gang members and drug dealers, however this shooting is not believed to be gang related or drug related.
Additionally, neither of the victims are known to be involved in such activities, police said.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer