AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police arrested William James Barker Jr., 36, after a short police chase early Wednesday morning.
Officials say an officer attempted to stop Barker at 1:31 a.m. near NE 10th and Nelson Street.
Police say Barker refused to stop, and a short chase ensued. Barker tried to elude officers and then exited the vehicle in the 1000 block of N. Roosevelt. The driver ran on foot but was quickly apprehended.
Barker was arrested for Evading Arrest in a Motor Vehicle and Evading Arrest/Detention on Foot. Barker was found to have a Parole Warrant for the original charge of Burglary of a Habitation.
Barker was booked into the Potter County Detention Center for his charges.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- World-renowned opera singer Renée Fleming using music to help those suffering from neurological disorders
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?