AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — An Amarillo Police officer patrolling through a parking lot early Tuesday morning on the 8300 block of Amarillo Boulevard West stopped Brenham Allen, a 20-year-old male, in the area of a vehicle that had been broken into.
During the investigation, officers found evidence linking Allen to the burglary.
Amarillo Police recovered almost $8,000 worth of stolen property at a separate location and returned it to the owner.
Allen was booked into the Potter County Detention Center for Theft of Property Greater than or equal to $2500 but less than $30,000 and Unlawful Use of Criminal Instruments.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Everyday Heroes: Access Community Credit Union and Jimmy John’s partner up to feed Amarillo’s hospital workers
- City of Amarillo provides update with COVID-19
- Castro County issues Shelter in Place order
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson teaches daughter to wash hands while singing ‘Moana’ song
- Weekend Plans: Tascosa Drive-In still open