(NBC News) Actress Lori Loughlin is headed from “Full House” to the jail house.
Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, have agreed to a plea deal as part of the college admissions cheating scandal dubbed “Operation Varsity Blues.”
After pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud, the pair are expected to pay hefty fines and serve time in federal prison.
Prosecutors say the couple paid half a million dollars to get their two daughters admitted to the University of Southern California by designating them as recruits for the crew team, even though neither was a rower.
Loughlin and Giannulli signed the plea deal Wednesday.
Loughlin is not the only Hollywood star caught up in the scandal.
Actress Felicity Huffman served nearly two weeks in prison after pleading guilty last May.
Loughlin and Giannulli will enter their guilty pleas by video conference Friday.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2LND9WP
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WGN America to rebrand as NewsNation with launch of new shows in March
- One killed in Hartley County crash
- Newsfeed Now: House to deliver articles of impeachment to Senate, Bucs make Super Bowl history
- Dominion Voting Systems sues Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani for $1.3 billion
- Traffic redirected after wreck on 45th and Georgia Streets