AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — At the time, she was the largest man-made moving object in the world. In the matter of a few days, disaster would leave this modern marvel of engineering one of the most famous disasters of the 20th century.
In today’s Class is in Session, we are talking about one of the most famous disasters that still captivates the world: The sinking of the R.M.S. Titanic.
Titanic was one of three Olympic Class luxury liners owned and operated by the White Star Line.
On April 14, 1912, he struck an iceberg and sank in the North Atlantic Ocean on her maiden voyage.
Of the estimated 2,200 passengers and crew, more than 1,500 died in the disaster.
For more watch the video above.
A special thanks to Titanic: Honor and Glory for providing some of the animations in this video. To see more of their content, click here.
To watch the animated sinking of Titanic in real time, watch the video below:
THE LEARNING CONTINUES:
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Austin mass shooting: 2 suspects wanted in connection with attack on 6th Street
- Passenger on Delta flight restrained after altercation with multiple people near front of plane, video shows
- Amarillo tourism industry on major rebound, predicted to pass 2019 levels
- Will eating cicadas get me high? Myths debunked
- TSA screens over 2 million passengers in a single day for the first time since March 2020