AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — At the time, she was the largest man-made moving object in the world. In the matter of a few days, disaster would leave this modern marvel of engineering one of the most famous disasters of the 20th century.
In today’s Class is in Session, we are talking about one of the most famous disasters that still captivates the world: The sinking of the R.M.S. Titanic.
Titanic was one of three Olympic Class luxury liners owned and operated by the White Star Line.
On April 14, 1912, he struck an iceberg and sank in the North Atlantic Ocean on her maiden voyage.
Of the estimated 2,200 passengers and crew, more than 1,500 died in the disaster.
For more watch the video above.
A special thanks to Titanic: Honor and Glory for providing some of the animations in this video. To see more of their content, click here.
To watch the animated sinking of Titanic in real time, watch the video below:
THE LEARNING CONTINUES:
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘Texas Rally for Life’ abortion protest to be held at state capitol in Austin on Saturday
- City of Amarillo vaccine walk-in clinic announces new schedule
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Did the Facebook app force log you out, too?
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects