1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 10 cm x 10 cm squares
1 small onion, thinly sliced
8 slices of watermelon
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup Ricotta
1/4 cup goat cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
extra virgin olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine ricotta, goat cheese, lemon juice, basil, garlic, salt and pepper and stir until well mixed (mixture should be smooth).
2. Spread mixture on puff pastry squares, leaving a border on all sides.
3. Arrange onion slices on top.
4. Drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 200 for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, or until puff pastry is golden.
6. Pre-heat grill, sprinkle watermelon with sea salt let sit for 10 minutes then pat dry.
7. Oil watermelon and grill both sides until grill marks are clear.
8. Remove puff pastry from oven.
9. Let cool for a minute, and top with grilled watermelon. Then drizzle with more olive oil before serving.
10. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and decorate with fresh basil leaves.
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at:
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.